JohnF2015
JohnF2015, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  Owner/Service Technician at S & J Small Engines
87465640

I have a 15kw generac portable generator. I bought a rebuild

Customer Question

I have a 15kw generac portable generator. I bought a rebuild kit for the carb because it won't start. It spits fire out of the carb and the plugs don't seem to be getting wet for flooded. Where do the o rings in the carb rebuild kit go and do you think that could be my issue?
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 4 months ago.

Hi, my name is***** will be assisting you.

If it is spitting fire back through the carburetor it sounds like you have and intake valve that is not sealing or closing properly. This is the only reason you would get fire back through the carburetor. The intake valve either isn't closing all the way or it is just not sealing good when it does close. The fire coming back through the carburetor is caused when the ignition does fire and the valve isn't closed or sealing it will puff back through the carburetor. I would turn my focus on the valve train in this case.

Thank you it has been a pleasure to assist you.

Please take a moment to rate your experience.