JON, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  Husqvarna Service Tech

My relatively new Honda lawnmower has become hard to push.

Customer Question

My relatively new Honda lawnmower has become hard to push. It has self propelling capabilities, but on flat surfaces, I shouldn't have to use it. How can I fix this problem?
I bought it two or three years ago for about $400 from Home Depot. Hopefully you can determine the model from that price range.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  JON replied 2 months ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** welcome to I will be happy to assist you today. Give me a few moments to look over your problem, and I will get right back to you so we can fix the issue and get your machine back to working order

Expert:  JON replied 2 months ago.

I would suspect that if the mower is 2-3 years old, the drive belt may need to be replaced. Check to make sure it is on the pulleys and also checkthat the gears on the wheels are not stripped