Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert

I have a 2015 deere gator 625i with about 300 hours on it.

Customer Question

I have a 2015 john deere gator 625i with about 300 hours on it. About 8 weeks ago it began to run rough at slow speeds and idle and sometimes the engine would die. John Deere dealer has had it three times and I am still experiencing rough engine idling. They have replaced the air filter, fuel filter and spark plugs. Later they replaced the ECU unit. Each time they had it the engine ran fine at idle for a few days. Now they have it and the technician has checked all sensors and they are fine according to him and it is running fine at the dealership.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 2 months ago.

When it runs bad, do a cylinder test, loosen the spark plug wires, and with engine idling, remove one wire at a time, engine should continue to run. If it dies when either wire is removed, the opposite cylinder is not firing. With Kawasaki engine, most likley is a bad coil.

Did you get my response?