Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.
14928985

I recently had my a/c repaired at a facility in Fla.When the

Customer Question

I recently had my a/c repaired at a facility in Fla.When the technician was diagnosing the a/c he used my generator for power.He determined a compressor was frozen. because ti was pulling 80 amps trying to start. ever since the genset will run 15-to sometimes 25 minutes and then shut off as if I turned it off. Before it was used for their diagnostics. it would run all night perfectly.now this Why
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Pete replied 3 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

The generator voltage regulator or possibly the brushes or another component in it may have been damaged when it was used to test a high amp draw ac unit.I have seen damage occur before needing repaired.The generator will have to be checked/tested to locate the cause of the fault and once this is done repaired from there to correct it.This will most likely take a generator repair facility to do this.If found to be a fault of the technician that used it for ac testing I would see if the shop that did the testing will help or cover the costs for repair.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete