Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I live in Mesa, Arizona. I have a Deere Garden lawn tractor

Customer Question

Hello my name is***** and I live in Mesa, Arizona. I have a John Deere Garden lawn tractor Model #LA `100. The engine runs good and it starts well however, it does not seem to run smoothly when I put it in gear to move forward or backward.
when I engage the gear to move forward or backward it will vibrate quite a bit and then I do not seem to get the smooth exchange top move forward or back-up. I have to take my foot off of the brake very high and slowly or it grabs and takes off very hard or a major jerk before it engages.
I would appreciate any advise! Thank you Joe in Arizona.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 9 months ago.

Have you looked at the condition of the drive belt between the engine and the transmission? It may have damage, and is not gripping properly. Look t the upper belt. not the lower deck belt. See link below.

I see queston is still open, did you see my response and link?