Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert

MTD Lawn Mower Spring Extension 732-0638 I can not find the

Customer Question

MTD Lawn Mower Spring Extension(###) ###-#### I can not find the location where to hook the spring in the rear of my mtd yard machine mod. 13am675g062 (1977) 42"deck
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 2 months ago.

See the link above . # 39 is the spring in question , by the number. Expand the picture, the spring goes into a slot on the side of the frame and into the lever on the other end.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
thanks for your timely response,however the info you provided was not correct for my mower mine doesn't have a slot in the side of the frame and i had already looked at the diagram which is vague ,thus the reason for the question. I went on the net and was able to find the service manual . section 3 page 24 shows the correct location in the background in figure3-19, it is a hole in the rear frame which i knew was there but dismissed it because of the distance. it was tuff but finally got it hooked

Good job! Without having mower at hand, all you can go by is the parts illustrations.