Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert

The battery went dead and I had someone help me jump it and

Customer Question

the battery went dead and I had someone help me jump it and they reversed the cables and I hear a screeching sound. I checked the cables and found them reversed. I fixed the jumper cables and jump it and it started. Now the fuse blows every 10 to 15 minutes of running. It actually gets real hot. Any idea what I need to do to fix this?
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 2 months ago.

You could have ruined the voltage regulator. Is the charging system showing to be charging? Try unplugging the regulator to see if the fuse blows, But battery will not be charging, so you need t start with battery fully charged for test.