Donald
Donald, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  I have 25+ years of experience repairing 2 & 4 cycle engines
72377906

I am trying to replace the pto clutch on my cub cadet

Customer Question

I am trying to replace the pto clutch on my cub cadet lt1042. The old pto clutch seems to be stuck on the end of the driveshaft
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Donald replied 4 months ago.

Hello. Thank you for choosing Just Answer. My name is***** will be happy to assist you.

Expert:  Donald replied 4 months ago.

Have you already removed the bolt in the center of your clutch? If so, spray some penetrating oil across the top of your pto clutch, allow it to flow down in between your crankshaft and the opening in the top of your pto clutch. Give it time to penetrate really good. I used PB Blaster. It works really well for penetrating purposes.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I am attempting to replace the pto clutch but the old one is stuck on the dri the driveshaft
Expert:  Donald replied 4 months ago.

Afterwards, you can use a pry bar and a hammer to jar your clutch off of your crankshaft.

Expert:  Donald replied 4 months ago.

There is likely a small amount of rust causing your pto clutch to stick. We can continue from here.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Ok. Let me try and spray wd40
Expert:  Donald replied 4 months ago.

WD-40 may not work as well as a penetrating oil. Lightly tap on your clutch with a hammer, as you pry down on it.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
That seemed to work
Expert:  Donald replied 4 months ago.

Very good! Thanks for letting me know. I do hope all continues to go well for you. When you have an opportunity, please take a moment to rate my answer.