Donald
Donald, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  I have 25+ years of experience repairing 2 & 4 cycle engines
72377906

Bought a used snapper 7.75 series rw drive lawn mower. got

Customer Question

bought a used snapper 7.75 series rw drive lawn mower. got home was using and had w hite smoke and oil come out the muffler, compression would build when trying to restart. to release pressure I removed the spark plug and had lots of fuel in chamber. replaced the carburetor(it was bad). It starts and run but still have white smoke and a little oil coming out the muffler. Took head off gasket looks good. no oil, smoke or burnt marks on either the head or cylinder side. !! I then see a small v cut on the very edge of the cylinder head !! No marks on the cylinder wall chamber, ? IS THIS A PRODUCT THING. BECAUSE WHEN I WAS LOOKING FOR HEAD GASKET I NOTICE DIFFERENT PICTURES OF THE CYLINDER HEAD ITS SELF WITH A DARK SPOT EXACALLY WHERE THE V CUT IS ON CYLINDER. IS MY CYLINDER BAD AND IS THIS THE REASON FOR THE SMOKE AND OIL, THANKS APPRECIATE THE HELP AND INFO. HOME PHONE IS(###) ###-####IF YOUWANT TO CALL
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Donald replied 3 months ago.

Hello. Thank you for choosing Just Answer. My name is***** will be happy to assist you.

Expert:  Donald replied 3 months ago.

Juan, after you replaced your carburetor, did you change your engine oil?

Expert:  Donald replied 3 months ago.

The smoke you are still seeing, is likely causes left over oil that remained inside your muffler, from before you replaced your carburetor. That oil will eventually burn from your muffler. Change your engine oil, and allow your engine to run long enough to burn the oil from your muffler. Afterwards, I believe your engine will be okay.

Expert:  Donald replied 3 months ago.

We can continue from here.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
my question was about the mark on the cylinder itself and it has not been answered, and I have already cleaned the muffler of oil. WHAT ABOUT THE MARK ON THE CYLINDER HEAD??????????
Expert:  Donald replied 3 months ago.

Thank you for clarifying. Is your engine Briggs & Stratton? Do you have the model numbers for your engine? I will pull up your engine and check for the mark on your cylinder.