Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert

I have an onan 5500 gen set in my motorhome. it has only

Customer Question

I have an onan 5500 gen set in my motorhome. it has only 15.5 hours of use on it. I have a real hard time starting it. It cranks over for quite a while before it starts, and sometimes will not start at all.. This just began as it was good in June. Any ideas?
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Hank F. replied 2 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am going to assist you with this.

What is the full model number of the genset?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I don't know as my unit is in storage and is a distance from my home. I won't be going there for over a week.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
As I never did get an answer from you regarding my on an gen set, I called up a mechanic in a neighbouring town and got an answer
from him. He identified the problem as a fuel issue and directed me as to priming and starting, which worked just dine. Like I sais, never getting an answer from you I expect the fee to be reversed on my credit card immediately.
Thank you
Expert:  Hank F. replied 2 months ago.

Sorry, but I am human, and not a computer. I can not be online 24/7 waiting for customers to respond. I notice it took you 12 hours to reply to me...

I actually have 2 day jobs, and help on Just Answer in the evenings.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
The reason is tha it was past 10:30 pm here so I responded next day as that's when I am in bed as I am 70 years old