Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I have a husqvarna/weedeater riding mower 12n38d which won't

Customer Question

i have a husqvarna/weedeater riding mower 12n38d which won't start. I can turn ignition key and hear what sounds like a relay/solenoid closing but the starter motor won't turn. I can start the mower by jumping the + leg directly to the starter motor. I am assuming the ignition switch is OK and the starter motor is obviously OK. is there something in between I should look at?
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 4 months ago.

I don't find the model listed. Is there another number? This is 12 hp, 38 inch mower? Usually there is just keyswitch direct to the starter solenoid. If you jump the battery terminal of the starter solenoid, to the switch terminal on the same solenoid will engine crank? If not , the solenoid/relay is bad.