Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert

I have a murray 24, I have a murray 24"mini-rider with a 875

Customer Question

I have a murray 24
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: I have a murray 24"mini-rider with a 875 series briggs and Stratton engine 190cc. Won't start, won't even turn over. Changed batter, changed plug, guessing its probably the starter. just trying to figure out the part number and where to get it. unless I have something else to check.
JA: Do you have fuel in the tank? If so, is the shut-off valve open and the fuel clean?
Customer: yes
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: unless its a little more involved than just simple part replacement. then recommendation on who to take it too for repair
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: that's about it. its a 2013 model.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 2 months ago.

Need the model number of the engine. The 875 is a series, not a model. Model example is(###) ###-####B1. Have you removed the spark plug to see if the engine will spin?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Model 13a326jco58

OK, did you try the starter solenoid test? Mower has three safety switches that can keep starter from engaging, the seat switch, brake switch and the pto switch. and it has a reverse switch. All have to make to complete the start circuit.

Wiring diagram above.