Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert

I have a kholer 20hp engine v twin on a cub cadet mocel

Customer Question

I have a kholer 20hp engine v twin on a cub cadet mocel 2206. I am getting no fire from the plugs. There is a small box on the engine is that the cause?
JA: Can you guesstimate how old the engine is? And has it done anything like this in the past?
Customer: 14 years and no
JA: What happened just before this problem started? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Tried to start, sputtered and quit. all safety switches replaced spark plugs replaced
JA: Anything else you want the engine expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 2 months ago.

This CH 20 engine? The engine has two coils. and a single kill wire to each coil. Locate the kill wire from keyswitch to coils and remove the wires from the coils and see if you have spark. If you have spark, the kill circuit is grounding out the spark. This engine can also come with the OIL GUARD system , if oil switch grounds the spark, you loose the spark.