Vince O.
Vince O., Small Engine Technician
Experience:  Over 30 years experience repairing lawn and garden equipment. Chainsaws, mowers,blowers and trimmers
32407143

Honda eu1000i keeps stalling, Several days or more, Yes. I'm

Customer Question

Honda eu1000i keeps stalling
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: Several days or more
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes. I'm on a sailboat
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I figure it's a dirty spark plug, clogged fuel filter, or perhaps the spark arrestor. Any ideas?
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Vince O. replied 4 months ago.

Hello, it could be the fuel (old gas) or it sat a while and the carb needs removed and cleaned. Remove carb and loosen bowl drain screw to empty carb. Remove the 10 mm head bolt in center of carb, unscrew the main jet in the center and shake out the nozzle and poke a wire through every hole.

Expert:  Vince O. replied 4 months ago.

Here is a shop annual for a similar model, see page 46 for identification of parts. https://1drv.ms/b/s!AqvmPfzg3ifPjDTxi703vKOBOcm1

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Your answer was pretty useless to me. Telling me to remove and clean a carburetor without giving guidance on how to do even get to, let alone how to remove it was of no value
Expert:  Vince O. replied 4 months ago.

Did you click on the shop manual link above that I sent with response?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I saw the manual and the carb schematic and info but that doesn't tell how to get it out in order to take the steps you outlined. I started to disassemble it but stopped. I'm on a boat and can't lose this generator completely.
Expert:  Vince O. replied 4 months ago.

Did you look at the whole manual, especially Section 5 on the carb disassembly and repair? The main jet and nozzle need removed and a fine wire poked through all the holes. The manual explains much better than I could. If the info I provided does not help you let me know and I will opt out so another can try.

Expert:  Vince O. replied 3 months ago.

Were you able too remove and clean the carb?