JON, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  Husqvarna Service Tech

I replaced my Carb on my Echo Edger with a new one but it

Customer Question

I replaced my Carb on my Echo Edger with a new one but it still will not start.
JA: Do you have fuel in the tank? If so, is the shut-off valve open and the fuel clean?
Customer: Yes I have fuel in the tank. I do not know where the shut off valve is and I did not change the fuel after I changed the Carb
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I also changed the air filter and the plug. I am wondering if the switch has something to do with it
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  JON replied 2 months ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will assist you today. What is the compression of the machine and do you have spark at the plug. Pour a small amount of fuel into cylinder and try to start machine. Let me know the results and we can troubleshoot from there.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
The machine is an Echo PE200 edger, I do not know how to determine if there is Spark at the plug, I sprayed Carb cleaner still no start. How can I put fuel into cylinder without removing air cleaner
Expert:  JON replied 2 months ago.

remove the spark plug and add a small amount of fuel, re-install plug and and see if engine tries to start. If not, you will need to get a compression tester and check compression, or get a spark tester and check the spark. You can test spark y pulling the spark plug and holding it to engine while someone pulls rope, and seeing if spark plug sparks. It is easier to buy an inline spark tester to check though.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I have to leave urgently, will call you on my return
Expert:  JON replied 2 months ago.

Not a problem. I will be here and waiting to help resolve this issue