Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert

I recently purchased a Husqvarna YTH24V48 riding mower with

Customer Question

I recently purchased a Husqvarna YTH24V48 riding mower with a B&S 400000 Intek 24hr engine. I ran out of fuel while using one day & parked the mower for a week or so. Last night I filled the tank with fuel & tried to start the mower. It did not start. Didn't even turn over. I looked at the hour gauge & saw that it did nit light up when I turned the key. I figured the battery was dead. I attempted jump started the engine. it started up but only sputtered & blew out dark fumes. I attempted this a number of times. The dark fumes disappeared but the engine continued to sputter. It sounded like it was misfiring, or as if it were multiple cylinder engine with a cylinder not firing. The engine would run for a few minutes & would stop. It had not power.
Could this be due to a low charge on the battery? Or is it something else?
Annandale, NJ
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 2 months ago.

Low battery, the engine has electric solenoid on the carburetor that shuts fuel off, if it does not have 12 volts. Replace the battery.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
That's what I thought. Thanks

Thank you, ***** ***** using the star chart and get me credit!

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
No call necessary. I know what to do. Again thanks.

That is the site automation! Not me, I work from home as a contractor! Rate the question and that will close it!