JON
JON, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  Husqvarna Service Tech
94737911

I have a cub cadet zero turn 48 2011 model and it will not

Customer Question

I have a cub cadet zero turn 48 2011 model and it will not turn over, Son in law cutting grass says he pulled the sticks back to go in reverse after hitting rock and it died. The PTO belt was off the pulley and pretty much down to strands because its 5 years old. So i replaced belt, bought a new battery because someone on a forum said that it takes a full battery to energize the PTO. When I have the key in the on position, i used to hear the PTO engage and disengate with a clicking noise when the swithc was pushed up and down. I do not hear that anymore and it will not even turn over so I pulled the seat up to check the seat safety switch and it pushes up into the seat instead of being fixed it kind of moves around. It acts like the PTO is stuck engaged or the seat safety switch has malfunctioned. Can I disable the seat safety switch by using a jumper wire and if it starts i will know its the switch?
JA: Do you have fuel in the tank? If so, is the shut-off valve open and the fuel clean?
Customer: yes
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I believe thats it.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  JON replied 4 months ago.

First, CHECK the fuse, if not blown, then Check the solenoid. try jumping the solenoid and seeing if engine will turn over. Let me know what it does please. Make sure that the key is on and the brake is engaged so mower can start

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
THanks Jon I did not know there was a fuse. Ill Bet that is it but I will let you know.
Expert:  JON replied 4 months ago.
Okay let me know and we can troubleshoot from there if needed. Please remember to rate me as I strive to be the best and your rating helps me to achieve that