Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

DEERE L130 NOR CHARGING

Customer Question

JOHN DEERE L130 NOR CHARGING
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 4 months ago.

This is twin cylinder Kohler?

CV series, the charging coil (stator)is under the flywheel and the two wires from it come out to the voltage regulator. Do you have a voltmeter to test the stator and regulator?

Here is service manual, showing the electrical section # 8.

The stator is unplugged from the regulator and the two end terminals probed with voltmeter set on AC volts, run engine at least 1/ throttle and read meter. Has to be above 28 volts AC. If it is , stator is good. Plug wires back to the regulator, set mete on DC volts. and probel the center wire on regulator with red lead, black lead to ground, run engine at least 1/2 throttle, reading should be 1/2 of the stator voltage in DC or around 14 volts. If not , replace the regulator.

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 3 months ago.

I see qustion is still open. Did you run the tests? Please rate to close and get me credit! Thanks,