Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert

Atlas copco qas 45 generator has been running fine till last

Customer Question

atlas copco qas 45 generator has been running fine till last few days.whats happening is I start it up it runs for 1 hr then stops showing water symbol overheating number 1 square box and water symbol.then tried putting water oil ect but now its turning off faster like straight away after starting could u inform me of the problem .
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 2 months ago.

With water cooled engine, will it run longer with the doors open? Is the fan belt tight? Is it blowing coolant out of the overflow tube? Is the radiator clean, not restricted?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
the gen set is running at normal temp when it turns off yet its code shows over temp shut down this should only occur at 103 degrees and not 85 which it runs at we have by passed the temp sender and it has made no diff

Could the compressor overtemp sender be cutting off the unit, not the engine overtemp?

I see question is still open, did you find the problem?