Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I CAN BE DRIVING ALONG IN MY 2004 RTV 900 W/LOW HOURS ON

Customer Question

I CAN BE DRIVING ALONG IN MY 2004 RTV 900 W/LOW HOURS ON ENGINE , IT WILL SHUT DOWN .HAVE CHANGED FUEL REPLACED FUEL TANK.IT IS A 3 CYL.ENGINE .WAS RAN THRU WATER ABOUT 2 YEARS AGO,THATS WHEN IT STARTED THE PROBLEM .ADVISE PLEASE.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 4 months ago.

When it stops, is there a time that it sits, and then will restart? Or do you have to bleed the system to get it running again?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
NO,SYSTEM HAS TO BE BLED

Do you have a vacuum pump to test the line from the fuel pump back to the tank? And from fuel pump to the injection pump? With you having to bleed the system, it is sucking air or fuel is being restricted. And that makes it the transfer pup or the lines on the inlet side of it. Harbor Freight has hand help vacuum pump tester .

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I HAVE CHANGED FUEL FILTER AND FUEL TANK IT GIVES NO WARNING WHEN QUITTING.HAVE TO BLEED SYSTEM TO GET IT RUNNING

I understand, that's why you need to run vacuum test! Has the fuel transfer pump ever been replaced?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
TRANSFER PUMP HAS BEEN REPLSCED W/NEW ONE

then run test line from the transfer pump inlet into another fuel container and run with tank and hose up to the transfer pump bypassed for test.

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 3 months ago.

Did you run test?