Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

Do you work on a McCulloch BHE 900 Moped engine?

Customer Question

Category: Small Engine
Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 5 months ago.

Hi, my name is***** will be assisting you.

We only offer the technical answers or help to you so that you can work on or fix the issues that you are having. We don't physically work on them through this site. We can offer solutions to your issues and/or provide you with a local repair shop in your area who can do the actual work for you.

What kind of problem are you having?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
The motor does not run on this 1978 AMF roadster bicycle/moped. I bought it from Kaplan Cycles in CT on eBay. The Kaplan
employee said they had not even tried to start it because they were going to donate it to a museum. I have only seen a picture
of it. It is suppose to be shipped here this wkend. The description read as though it ran. A speed up to 20mph. They had already shipped it before I found out that the motor was not working quite right. The actual name is ***** ***** Roadmaster moped Model 110 Scooter. It has a McCulloch BHE 900 Moped Engine. The employee told me that it probably just needed an adjustment and new spark plugs. I am not so sure about that. John, could I contact you again when the moped/bike arrives here? He also mentioned that the carburetor probably needs to be cleaned. I will try to contact you again when it actually gets here. I did look on eBay for parts for it and actually found some, which surprised me. Thank you, ***** ***** Suzann

Once you have the machine and discover what is actually happening feel free to come back here and continue our conversation. It may need the carburetor cleaned based on the information that you have been given so far.