Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert

I have a 2008 Yamaha VX 1100 deluxe that rolled over and now

Customer Question

I have a 2008 Yamaha VX 1100 deluxe that rolled over and now is smoking. Any ideas what maybe going on?
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 2 months ago.

HI, my name is***** will be assisting you.

Did it stay upside down for any length of time?

It is not uncommon when one rolls over that it will smoke for a little while upon getting upright and restarting. The longer it stays upside down the worse or longer it will tend to smoke. This is caused by oil getting into the crankcase breather system and until it is gone the engine will smoke. Not usually anything to be concerned about. The only way to eliminate it is to either let is sit longer so that the oil will drain its way back down into the crankcase or to let it run and it will eventually burn it out of the system.