Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I have a pressure washer with a 16 hp Vanguard model 303447

Customer Question

I have a pressure washer with a 16 hp Vanguard model 303447 type 1278-E1 (5990) code 971 20111 that won't charge the battery. I can put a brand new fully charged battery in it and in about an hour of washing with the burner on it drains the battery and the burner goes out. I had a new stator put in it several months ago but that didn't solve the problem. What do you think I might try next?
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 4 months ago.

Hi, my name is***** will be assisting you.

I would have the charging system checked but it sounds like the voltage regulator is bad.

If you have a voltmeter I can walk you through testing the charging system. We will first want to actually test the stator then we would check or test the regulator.