Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

My Toro recycler 22 personal pace lawn mower won't stay

Customer Question

Hello Pearl,
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: My Toro recycler 22 personal pace lawn mower won't stay running either. I drained the gas tank an checked the tank and gas line for clogs which there were none. I then did what Rick suggested and actually also removed and cleaned the carburetor and put everything back together. The mower started and ran fine, even after a few restarts. I then went out to mow some grass and in less than 5 minutes it went back to stalling out and will not stay running again. This problem just started the last couple of days.
JA: Do you have fuel in the tank? If so, is the shut-off valve open and the fuel clean?
Customer: yes
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: if I can
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: The mower has been cleaned, has new gas, new air filter and new spark plug,
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Briggs-Fan replied 4 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** welcome to Just Answer. Where is the mower and gas can stored ?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I the garage
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
what do you think?

It sounds like water in the gas , have you drained the bowl to see if it will stay running longer

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
The gas is new and the tank has been drained and re-filled. When I mow the grass the yard takes a full tank and is left empty between mowing's. My husband waited so long for your reply that he had to leave and has left me to answer your questions. I am the one who mows but my husband who started this conversation knows all the technical terms. I will let him know your suggestion.

Ok. He can reply when convenient. I'd drain the bowl and see what that does

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I will let him know.

Ok