Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.

Myonan 4000, starts as as the start button is help but then

Customer Question

JA: Hi. How can we be of help?
Customer: myonan 4000, starts as long as the start button is help but then turn off as soon as it is released
JA: Do you have fuel in the tank? If so, is the shut-off valve open and the fuel clean?
Customer: yeah, all the engine stuff checks out good
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: carburetor is good and fuel is definitely flowing.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: yes, doing it myself
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Pete replied 2 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

This may be an issue with the start button itself internally at fault.It may be shorted out internally and when it is released is when it may be turning off the generator.If this has not been tested this should be done to see if this is the cause here for sure needing replaced.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,a rating of 4 or 5 is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete