Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert

How do you remove bolts on the axle pivot bar on 2007 ZTR

Customer Question

How do you remove bolts on the axle pivot bar on 2007 ZTR 50? There is a bolt at the front of the deck for the pivot bar and it removed easily.The pivot bar consists of an inner and outer shaft. There is a bolt bat the back of the pivot bar and the inner shaft turns along with the bolt, since there is no way to hold the inner shaft, I am unable to remove the rear bolt on the axle pivot bar.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  JON replied 2 months ago.

Is this a DIXON ZTR50 or CUB CADET RZT50? It states make is cub cadet, but model is ztr50.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Cub Cadet RZT50
Expert:  JON replied 2 months ago.

okay, give me a few moments please and I will be right back

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Expert:  JON replied 2 months ago.

hold the outside with vise grips. there are flange bearings on each end, but only one solid shaft in center.

Expert:  JON replied 2 months ago.

is this what you are referring to?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I would not miss something that simple. There is an inner shaft that cannot be reached with vice grips because it does not portrude out. the outer shaft can be held but the inner shaft continues to turn.
Expert:  JON replied 2 months ago.

I will OPT OUT then, as the one I have in my hand doesn't have an inner or outer shaft. there are 2 flanges on the ends and the shaft sits in them with a bolt on each end. we must be on 2 separate models. Hopefully another expert can help you with this issue, as I am at a lose for an answer now

Expert:  JON replied 2 months ago.

once you pull front bolt, you should be able to tap the shaft out of the rear. is the picture I posted not even of same machine? Maybe I just do not understand something here?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
My outer shaft also has a grease port to lubricate the inner shaft
Expert:  JON replied 2 months ago.

What is the model number from the sticker on machine? Usually under seat area. Let me pull exact diagrams for the model #

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
model 17AI2ACP709- I have pulled the front bolt but there is a bolt in the back that cannot be removed because the inner shaft turns to. if I could tap the inner shaft out the back then thaty would mean that the back bolt was holding nothing as the inner shaft is bigger than the bolt that is screwed inti it
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
i have not seen a picture-
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I see no reason to talk live. either you know how to remove the rear bolt on the pivot axle or you don't.
Expert:  JON replied 2 months ago.

Talk Live???

Expert:  JON replied 2 months ago.

I will just OPT OUT. GL!

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
thanks, ***** ***** I will need it
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 2 months ago.

Bolts go through the frame, so they have t come out. I have has similar problem with front axle pivot and what i did was reinstall the bolt that is out, then loosen the one that is just spinning, then go back to the other and see if it will come out again! Impact wrench makes it work better as it has more spinning torque to loosen bolt. An electric impact for tires will work. The inner one you likely can't get impact on. but the front one you can.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
the front bolt continues to be the one that comes out. you are the second expert that I have used and the problem can only be solved by immobilizing the inner shaft while turning the bolt at the same time. I will figure this out eventually but reinstalling the front bolt never had a prospect of success. Do not contact me again-I have no more time to waste with useless ideas.