Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert

Craftsman 700 series, Power propelled rear drive motor. The

Customer Question

Craftsman 700 series, Power propelled rear drive motor. The transmission tension spring broke off. The manual shows the spring but does not show where it is to be attached to the transmission and the deck. Can you help?
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  JON replied 2 months ago.

See pic for proper install location.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I need to switch computers. Please contact me via e-mail - ***@******.***
Your schematic is exactly what I have now in the Craftsman manual. Note. Original part number in the manual is 406558. Sears changed ro 53406558
Expert:  JON replied 2 months ago.

so you need to know where the spring attaches on both sides?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I's a visual person. A different schematic would be most help. Also, not shown is the drive control cable. Could this spring share the same bracet as the drive cable?
Expert:  JON replied 2 months ago.

yes it does. I will try to upload an actual picture of the hook up for you

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I have to run an errand. You can take your time finding a photo. I'll check for your response tomorrow afternoon or Monday. Have a super day!
Expert:  JON replied 2 months ago.

okay, sorry, I do this on the side, and I got slammed at my shop. I will get one uploaded for you.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
First, I need to say that I AM VERY PISSED OFF with your deceitful charges and I WILL CONTEST YOUR CHARGE WITH AMEX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You ask for a $5 good faith deposit for your help. I thought I gave it to you. What you did was to send me a copy of the page I already have I my instruction book and at the very exact time charge me for your 13 dollar balance. I printed and saved the date - time stamps both to my AMEX account and your transmission. Transmission time for your excessive billing charge was 3:05 pm and transmission time for sending me the same pics that I have in my manual was 2:57 pm!!!!!! You charged my account BEFORE you ever gave me an answer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!YES, I am very pissied off with your illegal charge. YES, I do need help showing me where to attach the tension spring between the transmission and the mower body. NO MORE POP UPS for a live phone call "for just $24 to get the help I need." The help I need is to SEE THE ATTAHMENT points.