Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

The generator on motor home will not stay on.

Customer Question

Category: Small Engine
Expert:  WCohn replied 7 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you. What is the fuel type of the generator?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Gas. Onan
Expert:  WCohn replied 7 months ago.

So it starts but won't stay running? Does it seem like it's only running long enough to use the gas in the bowl of the carb, but it can't draw more?

Expert:  WCohn replied 7 months ago.

How long has it been since it last worked properly? Does it draw fuel out of the motor home's primary tank?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
It ran last night to sleep but wont stay on today. It is full of gas. It draws from tank. Also we need to locate fuses. Dash lights wont work and were working before we drove off yesterday. This is our first trip in it.
Expert:  Hank F. replied 7 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am going to assist you with this.

What is the full model number of the genset?

When you say it won't stay on, could you be a little more specific? While it is running, does it run good, or does it run rough? How long will it run before it shuts down? When it shuts down, will it start right back up, or does it have to sit for a while?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
It ran well Fri night. When we were on road yesterday it would come on and go right off. Also lights on dash will not work and we cannot locate fuses.
Expert:  Hank F. replied 7 months ago.

The dash lights are going to be a completely separate issue from the genset, and by Just Answer Terms of Service, you will be required to open a different question for that, in the proper category.

For the genset, to be able to help you, I need the information I requested.

Expert:  Hank F. replied 6 months ago.

Did you get the model number and the other information yet?