JON
JON, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  Husqvarna Service Tech
94737911

I am looking to buy a Sears Craftsman 18", 42cc chainsaw. It

Customer Question

I am looking to buy a Sears Craftsman 18", 42cc chainsaw. It was supposedly made by Poulan. The model number is:###-##-#### The Serial or code number is:07134190000. Thanks for any info on this possible recall. Harry Jonas
Category: Small Engine
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I don't need an answer to my question. Thank you, ***** *****
Expert:  JON replied 4 months ago.

This saw is a Sears made saw. I have not received any notices or bulletins of problems with the chain tensioner working loose. When you adjust the tension of the chain, be sure to hold the front end of the bar up. Adjust the tension so the chain is running in the groove of the bar on the bottom, and you can rotate the chain fairly easily by hand. Be sure you push the locking lever firmly into the knob after adjusting chain. You should have less than 1/4" of play in the chain when done. If it is a new(er) chain, you will experience stretching. after 3-5 minutes of cutting, retighten the chain. this may take several attempts until stretching is completed of chain

Expert:  JON replied 4 months ago.

Okay, sorry had posted then seen the reply. Good Luck with new saw