Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert

Replaced plug, air filter, changed oil, used choke/card

Customer Question

replaced plug, air filter, changed oil, used choke/card cleaner. Mower started and I cut grass for 30 minutes. mower stopped. restarted and it seemed to experience low rpms. When in tall grass tried to stall. can't find manual online. mower about 8 years old. toro recycler 22" cut. electric start/front wheel drive. briggs motor s/n 0804245663713. please help with problem. Thanks
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  JON replied 2 months ago.

Sounds like you have a worn out governor spring/rod. What is the model and Serial number under rear flap of mower? I am a certified Toro Dealer/Tech, and I am here to help

Expert:  JON replied 2 months ago.

If you have the carb I am thinking of, remove the air filter housing, and check your governor springs. if they are there and in good condition, then remove the bowl from the carb. The bowl nut it your main jet on this carb. Clean through all holes with carb cleaner and a wire (bread tie) if you have it. side hole can see through, top hole you can insert wire and see the wire through side holes. If you have an air compressor, blow air into the front carb jet areas. look for brass or hole on front sides of carb. blow air into the holes. fuel may spray out, so be careful.

This should fix your issue.

Expert:  JON replied 2 months ago.

Look on your engine and give me the numbers for model/type/code. see my picture for references.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
still waiting on you to credit the full $27.00 to my credit card. I looked you up on google & see a lot of negative comments about being ripped off by you. VISA has a way to get my refund but you should do it if you are an honest business. Please take care of this request. I'm getting really tired of no response from you.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
please take care of this
Expert:  JON replied 2 months ago.

I have no control over the charges here on, as I just answer questions for them as work. I have never taken anything from anyone and do not intend to start today. There should be a link on the bottom of your page to request a refund. I will be more than happy to send a request to the Mod's from my end. If I can call you and try to do this over the phone, just send me your number and I will be happy to call you personally. I just sent a request to the Mods at JustAnswer. I will let you know what they respond back to me.