Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

In my 02 Monaco DiplomAt, the Onan Quiet Diesel 7500 will

Customer Question

In my 02 Monaco DiplomAt, the Onan Quiet Diesel 7500 will run very well for 5-7 minutes and then shut off. You can restart and it will run another 5-7 minutes. I have replaced the fuel filter, air filter, and changed the oil and oil filter. Could you suggest something else that Might solve my problem? Thanks, Gerald
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Hank F. replied 10 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am going to assist you with this.

What is the full model number of the genset?

What fault code is it giving off?

Go to the genset and use the switch on the set itself.
Press 'Stop' 3 times within 5 seconds. The light in the switch will start flashing.
If the light flashes 3 times, pauses for 3 seconds, and flashes 3 more times, press and immediately release 'Stop' one more time.
This will put the controller into Fault Read Mode.
The light will flash (X) number of times, pause for 1 second, and flash for (X) number of times again. Count the flashes before and after the pause.
This will be the Fault Code.
Example: 2 rapid flashes, 1 second pause, 5 rapid flashes is a Fault Code 25.
There may be more than one Fault Code stored, so watch the light very carefully. If there is more than one code, it will display them all in order, and then start over again.

Be very careful not to misread a first level fault code (single digit code) as a second level fault code (double digit code).
The way to tell the difference is by the length of the pauses.
There is a 1 second pause between digits of a second level code, and a 3 second pause between codes.
For example, if it is flashing 2 times, 1 second pause, flashing 2 times, 3 second pause and repeating, then this is a second level fault code of 22.
If it is flashing 2 times, 3 second pause, flashing 2 times, 3 second pause and repeating, then this is a first level fault code of 2.

What Fault Code are you getting?
.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Hank, I'm not where I can get you that info tonight and it will be tomorrow afternoon before I get back to the generator. Can we continue this tomorrow pm?
Expert:  Hank F. replied 10 months ago.

Absolutely.

It is midnight here in KY, and I have to get up at 6 to go to work.

I work 2 day jobs, and help on Just Answer in the evenings.

Feel free to post what you find, and I will get it as soon as I log in tomorrow night.

Expert:  Hank F. replied 10 months ago.

Did you get the information yet?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Hank, I decided to let a local generator shop fix it. Thanks for your help.
Expert:  Hank F. replied 10 months ago.

Ok.