Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.
14928985

Lost power. General came on but no power to house. Switch

Customer Question

Lost power. General came on but no power to house. Switch problem. Is switch circuit breakerd?
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Pete replied 4 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

This can be an issue with the switch itself or an internal fault in the circuit breaker.If your model has a separate circuit breaker that isnt built into the switch it is usually located near the front of the generator.If you do not see one it may be built into the switch and may be at fault.

I have also seen issues with internal faults with the brushes in the generator that can fail and cause this here.You would need to have this tested further to locate the fault for sure and then repaired from there.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,a rating of 4 or 5 is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete