Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert

Replaced solenoid and cleaned up all connections,terminals

Customer Question

Replaced solenoid and cleaned up all connections,terminals and everything else. when turn key on the hour meter does not light up,so no power to start. will work if you short across solenoid but that is to much trouble as you have to be sitting down.
JA: Do you have fuel in the tank? If so, is the shut-off valve open and the fuel clean?
Customer: yes but there is no power going to hour meter. I stopped the tractor and cleaned it up after i dropped deck and put on new blades when I went to start no power to meter or engine unless I crossed solenoid.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: not really trying to figure next move all blades on connectors and fuse have been cleaned and are ok.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  JON replied 2 months ago.

If you are still having to jump solenoid after replacement, the Ignition switch is no good. Jump the solenoid and then turn engine off with key switch. Let me know the outcome please