Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I have a 2554 sabre mower, when I turn on the ignition the

Customer Question

I have a 2554 sabre mower, when I turn on the ignition the battery light doesn't turn on . However the battery is charging?
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Briggs-Fan replied 10 months ago.

Hi my name is***** you for using Just Answer. So I can better understand what's going on with your tractor when you turn the key does it turn over or start up ?

Also do you have a multimeter by any chance ?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
it starts and run fine, the reason I was concerned is the battery light was working ,that is lighting up when I turned the key ,
but now it stays off. The bulb is good and the battery seems to be charging, I wasn't sure if it might over charge. I do have a mulitimeter

To test the charging system take a multimeter and set it to 20 dc volts, test the battery , it should have 22.65 volts , now start the tractor up and test it again , it should be 13 to 14 volts now , if it is its charging , if the volts are the same as it is with it off its not charging

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
hi, it is charging. the battery light still does not work. it should come on when you first turn the key, then go off as the engine
starts, it for some reason just stopped coming on. there is power to the bulb socket, but the other wire that goes to the
discharge module (to be grounded I think) doesn't seem to have any connection, any ideas.
Expert:  Briggs-Fan replied 9 months ago.

The great thing is the battery is charging. Have you checked the bulb itself ? . It should come on when you turn the key to start then go off

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
the bulb is good , the charging light still doesn't work.

Can you check the wire for cintenuity