Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

Press on gas pedal golf cart tries to shudder second then

Customer Question

press on gas pedal golf cart tries to shudder for a second then stops wont move forward or reverse E ZGO Textlen serial #(###) ###-####
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: just today
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: batteries charged
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  JON replied 10 months ago.

Sounds like the clutch is going out and belt is not grabbing. Could be a belt issue or Clutch

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
it has a electric motor mounted right on differential no clutch or belts
Expert:  JON replied 10 months ago.

Sorry, I looked up wrong model apparently. I will OPT OUT, as I do not know about electric motor, only gas. Hope another expert can help you in this matter

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I have yet to get a response on the problem
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 10 months ago.

I See it is electric cart, not gas, so it has no (gas ) pedal. Pead just controls throttle switch. I need the year model of the cart. Located near the passenger side glove box. Will be letter followed by numbers.. L099 would be 1999 model. Does the motor sound like it continues to run when the cart shutters to a stop? If so, the drive motor coupler, between the motor and the transaxle could be stripped.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
jii97 feels like motor wants to go when stepping on pedal

1997 model, I would feel the drive motor and if the motor is running, remove it and check the drive coupler.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
not running try,s to start then quits

Will the cart roll? Brakes are not locked? Do you have a voltmeter to test voltage at the solenoid? Do you have 36 volts to each side of the solenoids cable connections? Does the charger come on and charge when attached?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
cart rolls 6 volts on each side of large terminals 33 volts on small terminals of solinoid

6 volts on the large terminals on the solenoid?Has to have 36 volts! One cable to solenoid, comes direct from the posiitve end of the battery pack.?? Here is basic diagram.below.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
sorry my guy was on the wrong battery terminal there is 36 volts on each large terminal on soliniod

Does the charger come on when applied? Do you hear the solenoid click when the pedal is pressed? Can you jump across the solenoids cable terminals and see if cart will run?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
battery did charge faint click when pedal is pushed jumped two large terminals did nothing

Check the voltage at he drive motor, it should have 36 volts on both the A 1 and A2 terminals, The field terminals change with the controller for speed.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
had 35 volts on each side

You keep coming up with volts that are below 36 volts. A 36 volt battery pack , fully charged should be close to 39 volts.???

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
the key has been on a while maybe voltage is down but even when the batteries get low the cart would still move just not as fast

I would attach the charger and test battery voltage before and with it attached, to be sure it is charging and let it charge over night. We can continue this tomorrow after battery voltage is above 36 volts.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
k

oK>

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
had 37 volts this morning jumped the motor as per a motor test didn't move took motor out jumped didn't turn seems hard to turn by hand

So it looks like motor could be bad. Did you run continuity test before removing it?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
no do you have a test for the motor to make it run while out of the cart if its different then the one we did

motor has no bearing on the drive end, so it can't be run out of the cart. Here is an Ezgo site that has motor test. Scroll down the opening page past the manuals to get to the troubleshooting section.

I have NOT opted out!