JohnF2015, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  Owner/Service Technician at S & J Small Engines

I have a 1998 2500K Z Rider Pro Cruiser. The problem is one

Customer Question

I have a 1998 2500K Z Rider Pro Cruiser. The problem is one drive pump turns about a third the speed of the other one. You can stop the tire while it is running. I have had the drive pump apart. Doesn't seem to be any wear issues. I wonder if it is air locked when I take the cap off of the resivoir it seems to be circulating but still wont get up to same speed as the other side
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 3 months ago.

Hi, my name is***** will be assisting you.

Normally if it is air in the system it will affect both sides the same. I would be looking for internal pump issues. You most likely have fluid bypassing areas inside the pump which is causing the slower drive. The only really good way to test this is to do a pump flow test with which you can test the flow at low pressure and then increase the pressure and see what kind of flow drop that you have. These pumps are very hard to visually see the wear and can be near impossible to troubleshoot without a flow test.

Thank you it has been a pleasure to assist you.

Please take a moment to rate your experience.