Briggs-Fan
Briggs-Fan, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  over 15 years experience in small engine repair, multiple certifications
75998144

Y L111 suddenly stalls when actuating tranny foot pedal to

Customer Question

y L111 suddenly stalls when actuating tranny foot pedal to go forward but will keep running fine when using pedal to back up. It pops and stalls similar to when you would try to back up without actuating the RIO switch with the blades engaged. Help!
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Pete replied 5 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

If you havent had the fuel system tested or checked for any issues this needs done.I have seen issues with the fuel feed/supply cause this type of fault here needing corrected like damaged or kinked fuel lines or a restricted fuel filter.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,a rating of 4 or 5 is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Expert:  Briggs-Fan replied 5 months ago.

HI my name is ***** ***** welcome to Just Answer , does it stall in reverse if your backing up a incline ? . My reason for asking is to see id it is a issue with the engine handling a load . Also have you tried to sit parked and kick the blades on , if so will it run smooth with the blades on parked ?