JON, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  Husqvarna Service Tech

I have a Dixon 4515 a 2000 model with bad spindle bearings I

Customer Question

I have a Dixon 4515 a 2000 model with bad spindle bearings
I took the nut off the pully shaft and I cannot get it to come out.
I put the bolt back on the shaft loosely and pounded with a soft blow hamer and it will not budge.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  JON replied 3 months ago.

Does you shaft have a keyway on it? It has been a few years since I have worked on this model

Expert:  JON replied 3 months ago.

I may be mistaken, but if there is a key way on the shaft, the key may be holding the shaft in place if it is twisted a little or damaged

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Well I don't think so because I cannot remove any of the three shafts
Expert:  JON replied 3 months ago.

what is the model and serial number of your machine?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Dixon ZTR 4515B Serial #45 009788
Expert:  JON replied 3 months ago.

those spindles have an outer shaft keyway. It is most likely damaged, and causing it to hang up.

Expert:  JON replied 3 months ago.

each one has a key way. 2 outer shafts are the same. Center shaft has a longer keyway

Expert:  JON replied 3 months ago.

here is a diagram of the deck. Will have to blow it up to see the key ways most likely. They are going to be hard to free up most likely as I have been on a job like this one, and lost of PB Blaster will be needed

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
That wasn't any help at all. That diagram is available on the Internet.
Expert:  JON replied 3 months ago.

I was just showing you diagram so you could see what the Key way looked like. Husqvarna purchased Dixon and being as I am a Husqvarna Dealer and certified tech I figured I would search their site for service bulletin. I will OPT out if you would like. The only thing holding it in is going to be the rust on the shaft or a mangled key way.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
how would you get it apart?
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Hammer is not going to work. And to buy all the parts to replace is $196/each. And the shafts might not be available.
Expert:  JON replied 3 months ago.

I am gone from my shop for the day, but I will research more when I return home. use plenty of PB blaster of lube to try and free the rust up inside. If it is the key way sticking, it may need to be replaced. I will search more when I get back home