JON, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  Husqvarna Service Tech

I have a 2005 Grasshopper 721D that needs new bearings and

Customer Question

I have a 2005 Grasshopper 721D that needs new bearings and seal behind the wheel and I want to know how to get the pressed bearing out.
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: I have the wheel off the plate off retainer ring out and see that bearing are missing. I new when I saw oil leaking that I needed a seal and then bearing. I started at 8;30 this morning.
JA: Do you have fuel in the tank? If so, is the shut-off valve open and the fuel clean?
Customer: Yes
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: From the diagram of the 771 Gemini transmission it looks as though there are 2 half's and was wondering if I had to remove the whole transmission or if I could Just remove the outer half and then press out the bearing or if there is an easier way.
Category: Small Engine
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I am pressed for time and decided to just get into it and try to figure it out myself. Thank you for your time and I will fore go my 5 dollar deposit. I will use you in the future but I must get this done today. Thank You David Barnard
Expert:  JON replied 3 months ago.

I use a socket and hammer to get pressed bearings out if I do not have a press near-by. be careful installing them this way though, as they can be damaged

Expert:  JON replied 3 months ago.

Just seen your post on figuring it out yourself. Good Luck and I hope you get it done and back to going.