JON, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  Husqvarna Service Tech

71223 - Model # 230001183 Serial # 2003- Year Type- Riding

Customer Question

71223 - Model ####-##-#### ***** #
2003- Year
Type- Riding Mower
Problem - Purchased with transaxle (5 speed) damaged internally. Repaired the transaxle
and refit transaxle to mower. Clutch engages when in and disengages from the motor when
at out position. The brakes don't stop the unit. Thank you, ***** *****
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  JON replied 3 months ago.

Sounds like the wrong switch is on the machine. Brakes can be adjusted by the adjuster nut in the rear of mower. you will see a rod, with a spring and nut on the end to tighten inwards. If it doesn't make it stop, new pads may be needed

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
That mower does not have a switch for the clutch.. The disengagement is accomplished belt tension. better talk to toro tech about that. not satisfied with your answer.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Don't call I can not afford the extra $24.00. I am not satisfied with your answer. Doesn't solve my issue.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Do not count me as a satisfied customer for Jon. I did not see a mention of a 24 hor wait for my answer. So I wait for th first answer which was an incorrect answer then I am supposed to wait 24 hours for another try at the right answer? How long do I wait if the second answer is wrong?
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
You are supposed to give 100% satisfaction for your service. I want my money back. When jon first asked for my word on payment He gave me the impression that he knew about what I was talking about. He said that was his area of expertice. He isn't even a oro mechanic. Once again I was led dwn the primrose path .... and no solution!