Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert

I have a 2012 troy-bilt bronco 20 hp kohler engine, was

Customer Question

i have a 2012 troy-bilt bronco 20 hp kohler engine, was mowing saturday and mower quit moving,engine and deck operating normally,all belts pullys and idlers seem ok, any ideas.
JA: What's the make and model of the mower? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: 2012 troy-bilt bronco model 13wx78ks011, mower only has about 25 hours on it.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: if possible.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: no.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  JON replied 3 months ago.

Hi my name is***** will be glad to assist you in this matter. give me a few moments to pull the Diagrams so I can view the parts

Expert:  JON replied 3 months ago.

Sorry for the delay. You say both drive belts are on and in good condition? also check that it has not slipped off an idler pulley in the middle of machine. check that no pulley is smooth or shiny in the groove also, as this will allow the belt to slip

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
already checked all belts pulleys and idlers
Expert:  JON replied 3 months ago.

Looking at the diagrams, and also the machine I have in my shop currently, the only other drive issue would be transmission issues. Let me check any/all Troy Bilt service manuals for issues.

One thing comes to mind, is the Splined pulley on the transmission shaft. It could become stripped out and not turning pulleys. It is #26 in the pic