JON, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  Husqvarna Service Tech

Have a xmark pioneer zero turn, been running fine until

Customer Question

have a xmark pioneer zero turn, been running fine until yesterday was mowing some higher grass it stalled out I checked underneath nothing stuck belt on. I took belt off rotated all three blades with no issues. I tried engaging with belt off engine still bogs and stalls. should the pully below the PTO turn freely with mower off? it does not
JA: What's the make and model of the mower? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Xmark Pioneer 50" zero turn 2011 model
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: YEs
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: no been running great it is a commercial mower used only at my property of 2 acres I bought it brand new in 2011
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  JON replied 3 months ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will assist you in this matter. If you have no issue turning blades with belt off, I would then go to the clutch. the Clutch may be shorting out and staying partially disengaged when switch used. I would also consider checking push rods and the valve clearance, but most likely the issue is going to be with the Clutch of the machine. Let me know if you need more info and I will be glad to help anyway I can.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
should the belt pully under the clutch/pto turn freely with engine off>
Expert:  JON replied 3 months ago.

No. When the clutch is in the OFF position , that pulley should not turn. It will turn at times, but is very difficult to turn manually as the clutch is hlp still by magnets. If it turns easily or freely, the clutch has gone out

Expert:  JON replied 2 months ago.

Just checking in and seeing if you need anything else as I see I didn't get rated and wasn't sure if you needed more info. Rating are important and I strive to do my best. please let me know if I can assist furher