JohnF2015, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  Owner/Service Technician at S & J Small Engines

I have a Troy Bilt X15 with a Kohler 22hp engine and a 46

Customer Question

I have a Troy Bilt X15 with a Kohler 22hp engine and a 46 inch deck. The engine itself turns on immediately. Over the last few weeks, the mower has become less and less responsive to shifting of the drive train into forward or reverse. Finally, today it doesn't respond at all. Any thoughts?
Category: Small Engine
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 3 months ago.

HI, my name is***** will be assisting you.

The first thing that I would look at is the belt. As the machine gets some age and use the belt will wear and sometimes stretch, this will cause it to no longer turn the pulleys as it would when it was new therefore you progressively begin to loose speed and response until it will finally quit operating completely.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Thanks, I'll switch that out and have my fingers crossed.

Thank you it has been a pleasure to assist you. If you need further assistance feel free to continue our conversation here.

Please take a moment to rate your experience.