Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I have a cub cadet riding mower and I just bought a new

Customer Question

Hi my name is ***** ***** I have a cub cadet riding mower and I just bought a new battery and a new celoid for the starter and it still won't start and something takes the electric out of the battery whevn it sits overnight what could be wrong?
JA: Do you have fuel in the tank? If so, is the shut-off valve open and the fuel clean?
Customer: yes itis full of new gas.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: I live in Manchester ky and I can't find anyone that can come to my house and my husband is bedfast and cannot be left alone.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: the only other thing that I have problems with sometimes I think my key switch does not turn like it supposed to.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 4 months ago.

get a new key switch, and if the battery continues to go down when it sets, replace the voltage regulator. Regulator can have a bad diode, and will let the battery discharge through it.

Do you know where the fuse for the ignition system is? It may be blown and not letting the key work the starter.

I see question is still open. Did keyswitch take care of probem? If not, did you check the voltage regulator?