JON, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  Husqvarna Service Tech

Generac g24 pressure washer. Cuts off if I release trigger

Customer Question

Generac g24 pressure washer. Cuts off if I release trigger and it has been sitting for 2 years in storage
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  JON replied 3 months ago.

I would try to clean the carb as it sounds like the low side jet is clogged. What engine is on the machine?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Honda 5OHV
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I just changed oil and spark plug
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Will try running it again in morning
Expert:  JON replied 3 months ago.

Honda carbs are sometimes hard to clean out, but they are cheaply replaced. I would try to clean out first either way. Once you pull carb and remove bowl, you will need a flat head screw driver to remove the jet from the center tube. If it has been in storage for 2 years, carb could use the cleaning. Let me know please, and I will be here to help off and on tomorrow if you need me

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Thanks if the oil change and new spark plug don't help I will clean the carb. Read somewhere tonight that bad oil can cause this problem as well.
Expert:  JON replied 3 months ago.

no problem. Let me know what else I can do if you need me. Have a good evening.

Expert:  JON replied 2 months ago.

Just checking in and seeing if you need anything else as I see I didn't get rated and wasn't sure if you needed more info. Rating are important and I strive to do my best. please let me know if I can assist furher