Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert

Deere 445 Repower. I put a FD791D Engine in my Deere 445 do

Customer Question

John Deere 445 Repower. I put a FD791D Engine in my John Deere 445 do to a cracked block, The only issue I am having is the Temperature guage is not reading correctly. The Small Engine company had me put the Temperature sensor from the FD620D engine in the new Engine. When I do this the temp guage always reeds in the Red. I check the engine and it is running at 80 degree C.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old the engine is? And has it done anything like this in the past?
Customer: Is this a bad Temperature sensor or is there a better Temperature sensor to use?
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 3 months ago.

New engine did not come with sender? Or it read wrong too?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
New sender with engine did not read anything. I am wondering if I should get a sender from a john deere 445 or a sender from another big block Kawasaki like the x738.

You want the sender for the 445 so it will match the gauge on the existing tractor! The original could have been damaged when the block was cracked.