JON, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  Husqvarna Service Tech

I just bought a Cub Cadet LT50 and used it to mow several

Customer Question

I just bought a Cub Cadet LT50 and used it to mow several lawns with no problem until a few days ago. At full RPM while mowing it bogged down... starving for gas... when I hit the choke quickly and disengaged the mower deck... I kept it running...Also... didn't realize not to use gas with Ethanol... so I siphoned off the "bad gas" and replaced with non-Ethanol 91 Octane... motor will sit and run full throttle.. until mower is engaged... it will make it about one lap of my yard and quickly try to die... It's very frustrating as I really like this machine. Any help is much appreciated.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  JON replied 3 months ago.

Will it run off of choke and mow at all, or only run on choke?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I have to back off choke once it starts taking gas again...
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
it runs on normal throttle... runs normally for a bit... then bogs down again... starving for gas...
Expert:  JON replied 3 months ago.

I would attempt to clean the carb out. Sounds like you may have an ethanol deposit blocking the carb jet. Check to make sure your fuel pump is pumping properly, and also check the fuel filter if your engine is equipped with them. Most likely it is a carb issue due to ethanol

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
How would I clean the carb?
Expert:  JON replied 3 months ago.

remove carb and use carb cleaner or brake cleaner to clean internal jets. Use air if you have access to compressor

Expert:  JON replied 3 months ago.

Just checking in to see if everything went well. If you need anything else, please let me know, as I am here to help. Please remember to RATE me as I strive to be the best and help all I can, and your ratings help me achieve this.