JON
JON, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  Husqvarna Service Tech
94737911

I have a MODEL NUMBER 13APA1CT056 SERIAL NUMBER 1C265H30322

Customer Question

I have a MODEL NUMBER
13APA1CT056SERIAL NUMBER
1C265H30322I just took off the deck and replaced the mower belt, reattached the deck. Trying to get the belt around the front pulley (I think it;s the PTO). The manual says turn it to the left to get the belt on. but it won't turn. Any ideas what I should check to get it spinning again?Thanks!
Category: Small Engine
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Cub Cadet XT1
Expert:  JON replied 7 months ago.

If you are trying to belt on the clutch, start belt and spin the pulley either way, it should pull belt onto the pulley. You can also install on the front while leaving belt off of blade pulley and try installing it on the blade pulley last as the blade pulley is usually easier to get to and also turn

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
But even without the belt on the front pulley, it's not moving left or right. Very hard....
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
maybe the PTO is engaged somehow? Even though the PTO Lever is "off"
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
On the bottom of the pulley is a big nut, should I try by undoing that? Would that loosen it up?
Expert:  JON replied 7 months ago.

Install belt onto the rest of the deck except one of the blade pulleys (easiest one for you to get to) once belt is around all other pulleys start the belt around the blade pulley and then once it is started just turn pulley and it should pull belt onto pulley. If you loosen the nut, it will remove pulley and be hard to get back on with belt on it

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I can't, I have to run to the store really quick. If you have any ideas I would love them :) Thank you!
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Sorry - Didn't see the answer! I will try that and see what happens and let you know.
Expert:  JON replied 7 months ago.

Make sure belt is routed correctly. SEE DIAGRAM. Try the above mentioned way of putting it on and it should pull the belt into the groove of the pulley

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
but the front pulley is not spinning left as the manual says.
Expert:  JON replied 7 months ago.

can you turn the engine manually from the top?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Not sure I understand that queation. I can start the tractor.
Expert:  JON replied 7 months ago.

remove the spark plug and the pulley will turn easier

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Ah! Okay let me try that!
Expert:  JON replied 7 months ago.

Sorry, I assumed it was already removed as most manual instruct that just in case accidental start while turning pulleys or belt. That is my fault.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Okay well, it looks like the front pulley is spinning whether the PTO is engaged or not. Seems like another issue.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
maybe that's why it's not spinning by hand.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Taking off the spark plug didn't help
Expert:  JON replied 7 months ago.

can you turn pulley without the belt on it. that pulley should turn very easy with no spark plug in engine

Expert:  JON replied 7 months ago.

the front pulley will spin when running no matter if PTO is on or not. The PTO, moved a pulley on the deck that tightens the belt and then while the front pulley is spinning, it grabs belt once tight and spins blades

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
No it doesn't turn. That's the issue. It's getting dark here. I'll have to look at this tomorrow. Or Friday. Hopefully you can help again?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
It only turns when the engine is on,,,, and fast.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
the ptother is not engaged
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
PTO
Expert:  JON replied 7 months ago.

I will be here. That pulley should turn with no sparkplug installed. Just let me know when you get back to it again

Expert:  JON replied 7 months ago.

Just checking in to see if everything went well. If you need anything else, please let me know, as I am here to help. Please remember to RATE me as I strive to be the best and help all I can, and your ratings help me achieve this.