Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

No power to rear wheels on Craftsman Ride On Mower.

Customer Question

No power to rear wheels on my craftsman ride on mower model no 9 4 4 6 0 1 3 8 0 . It feels like it is an adjustment problem. It is about 6 year old, and I just replaced the primary friction component.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 4 months ago.
Drive for the transmission is a belt from the engine to the top of the transmission. Did you have either rear wheel off of the mower? Will the mower roll in free wheel ? Is the top pulley/fan turning on top of the transmission when engine is running, viewed from under the fender?
What is the primary friction component? If rear wheel was off, you lost the key between the wheel and the axle. If mower will not roll, the brakes are locked. If the top pulley on transmission is not turning ,the belt is off a pulley.