Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert

Where can I get a wire harness hook up schematic new 24 HP

Customer Question

Hello, where can I get a wire harness hook up schematic for our new 24 HP 44s877 motor? No diagrams came with the new engine. Thanks!
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 3 months ago.

HI, my name is***** will be assisting you.

What engine are you replacing? Can you tell me what brand of machine this is going on? What color wires do you have on the engine harness versus the machine harness?

If you are replacing another Briggs engine the harness should be a near exact match unless the engine you are replacing was many years old.

If you can provide me the wire colors at each connector I can help to get this hooked up properly so that everything will work for you. You may have to cut and splice the wiring in order to do this.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Hello John, thank you for the responses and questions. The zero turn mower is a P1800 Snapper. We took off an 18 horse B&S motor and replaced it with the 24 horse B&S 440000 series. My Dad is doing the exchange for us (he likes to stay engaged, and at 80 his skills are really sharp). I will get over and take pictures of the wire harness that I could email to you. My Dad took pictures and had them developed....different era. Thanks again for the help. I'll get back to you in two days. Gary

Once you have those pictures you can add them here and I will continue to assist you with getting this switch done. Thank you.